As an artist, communication is key; not only to consumers but to clients. I love seeing how people react to different kinds of art. Hearing what consumers get out of the art is so rewarding. I love to hear the different types of things people thought, what they got out of the script, their reaction to the colors, and the different meanings as a whole.
Learning how people react and why they react to these things are very important to me. That is how I get to know the audience and know what people are going through in life, I relate it to social media trending. To me it is more important to know what people think about experiences so that I can create a finished product for people to enjoy and be changed by the creation.
I have been creating graphic art and have been in communications for over 7 years now and love creating a comprehensive story that engages people and explains a captivating message with great quality and detail messages. I studied in the theatre under directing and am very aware of how people understand stories. I am very creative and collaborative which makes working in a fast paced environment natural for me.
I have been in theatre for more than 5 years as I studied acting and directing in high school and have a liberal arts B.A. in Directing/Admin in Theatre.
I have worked with organizations in the DC area and did their graphics digital and print. I worked with printouts, postcards, posters, business cards, and the like. I have a lot of experience with Adobe Creative Suite which consists of Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects and much more.
My experience in graphic design is very expansive as you can see from my portfolio and my attached resume. There were multiple sermon graphics that I created, videos, testimonies, small group packages, social media content and newsletters. I learned how to work with a large and small team on different projects whether it be for Kids’ Summer camp or community lunches or even creating content and graphics for a capital campaign to raise 1M for a new church building and residency in DC. I created a website for an organic mattress company and used HTML/CSS creating customized capabilities which you can find here. I created different apps in the website to help with the ease of access which you can see here as you click on the graph the form changes to the customized options.
I am very creative and collaborative which makes working in a fast paced environment natural for me. I have learned how to be innovative and work with concepts other than mine to provide services and content when they are needed. I love being creative and stepping out the box to try new things because I believe in not only growing myself but also growing as a society.
I believe that art is a great way to speak to people’s hearts while entertaining them and showing them a story. I love sharing different stories to people and I love how people react, that is why I love curating art and making something people want to see. It is very important that we keep the arts funded. Not only is it the art the patrons see, it is the environment they experience.
That is why I love making art, to speak to the souls of this world and show them stories that will change/deepen/enrich/strengthen thoughts. I love art for change.
PRIVATE BRANDS PRODUCTION COORDINATOR/GRAPHIC ARTIST | FAMILY DOLLAR | NC | NOV. 2018 - PRESENT
• Facilitated entire Private Brand production art process for select categories/brands for more than 8,000 stores nationwide.
• Supervised & drove urgency and accountability among all parties throughout the process to ensure timeliness to shelf.
• Acted as a liaison between Family Dollar, suppliers and external creative agencies.
• Collaborated with Merchandising, Global Sourcing, Quality Assurance, and Private Brands Business Teams, to execute items/projects within Private Brand policies/procedures.
• Collaborated with Quality Assurance to ensure any annual testing label failures are amended.
• Utilized Legal database to manage the appropriate brand trademarks on private brand packaging.
• Built industry knowledge by studying categories within local Family Dollar stores, as well as other comparative retail stores, on a regular basis to identify new trends and opportunities. Evaluated and reported to Sr. Manager, the merchandise mix, overall competition look/feel, and translate findings into executable brand/category proposals as appropriate.
• Supported data integrity initiatives and reporting for Private Brands, such as, but not limited to: Nielson database; Private Brand UPC validation, SBS, Workfront and Box sharing.
• Maintained accurate record of item/programs in process via Store Brand Source.
• Quickly communicated status of any item/program details upon being asked.
• Archived all support (e.g., rounds of layouts, feedback, photography, fonts, etc.) and final packaging artwork files on the Private Brand server, within the department’s established saving conventions.
• Assisted Private Brands Business Team with maintaining current packaging artwork in the Visual Merchandising Facility
• Gathered information and materials to create a monthly newsletter that went to upper management and internal associates describing new and upcoming Private Brands activity for that month.
• Liaison between multiple departments and our outsourced developers to train, onboard, and manage new Store Brand Source Software installation
MARKETING SPECIALIST | MOUNTAIN AIR ORGANIC BEDS | AR | AUG. 2017 - AUG. 2018
• Designed and created company website.
• Designed/Created/Imputed two e-commerce platforms for the company.
• Delivered data entry from each sale.
• Managed and processed each sale to customer and production.
• Designed new packaging and shipping methods and design for heavy materials and freight shipping.
• Designed and created digital affiliate marketing program with 4 tier groups and commissions.
• Created Marketing materials and resources for company website, e-commerce platform & affiliates.
• Created multi-platform automated emails to customers and affiliates.
• Created & Managed Google AdWords.
• Moderate knowledge of Google Analytics.
• Ran weekly data reports from web diagnostics of every platform (Web, e-commerce, AdWords).
• Ran Customer Support.
• Ran and executed payroll for 8 employees.
CREATIVE ARTS FELLOW | THE DISTRICT CHURCH | DC | NOV. 2015 - AUG. 2017
• Bridged the gap between the arts community and the church in DC.
• Produced/directed 21 art projects.
• Edited/produced 45 videos.
• Produced a 200+ attended Good Friday service that featured: spoken word live stage painting, live projects and live band while managing a total of 30 artists’ junior staff and volunteers.
• Created service visuals and presentation for 130+ attendees per Sunday.
• Fashioned a creative arts workshop to join artists new and old and of different mediums and backgrounds to think about creativity through the Gospel.
• Conceptualized, storyboarded and edited all video materials for $1.7 million capital campaign for new ministry.
• Created and designed 12 stage designs and layout for church services.
• Designed over 6 series graphics for multi-channel usage, based on strategic creative briefs provided by senior leadership resulting in a 48-72 hr. turnaround time for high demand.
• Accepted into the fellowship program.
FREELANCE GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGNER
• Commercial Real Estate Packages
• Web Design/Updates
• Motion Graphics
• Social Media Banners/Posts